Monday 12 November 2012

Photo Journalism


This girl you see the picture is Viktoria Madzovski. She has been coming to the Royal Winter Fair since she was a little girl. This is her 13th time attending the fair. She signs her name and draws a beard in a llama, along with drawing some hearts on this wall-sized colouring page and knows that her name is going to permanently be there, in the same place, forever. She is among many children, teenagers and adults who have signed their name or coloured on this wall. Some people are here to write their name for the last time. Their reasons vary from the fact that they are moving, to things like their lives are becoming too hectic to take time out to attend.  As I spoke to others who were also signing the wall they told me the story about how they traveled in a car for numerous hours just to come to the fair. They were all so dedicated and lived coming. Some kids even missed school but I promised them I wouldn’t tell and their teachers.

I went around the fair with Viktoria for the whole day as she and I went to pet animals and I watched as she got her hand moulded with wax (I didn’t get it done because it kind of freaked me out).  Sadly, I didn’t get a picture of when she kissed a goat, but it was very cute. Unfortunately this will be her last time attending the fair because her family and school life are becoming too busy. Also, she will be going away for university in the next 2 years and will be far too busy studying to take time out and go.

The Royal Winter Fair is a great place to come to with family and friends. The convention center is so big and there’s something for those of all ages to do to have a great time. To all those reading this, I suggest you go if you already haven’t and if you have, go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment